It's not me; it's them.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm Alive!

Fear not, friends. I live. I just took a blogging hiatus while I wrapped up finals and spent a much needed weekend at home.

Ok, technically this is not "home." This is our family farm where my parents will be moving to in the next year. But I spent nearly every weekend here during my early childhood, so it still feels like home.

Allow me to sum up the past two weeks with these handy bullet points:
  • I learned in school that I'm not very good at "managing investments," but I am shockingly adept at picking stocks (I just can't do the math to prove why). So if you need a portfolio manager who can't offer you any mathematical reason why your investments are doing well (or sinking like the Titanic), I'm your girl.
  • I've decided to take the summer off from school, so now I'm just a member of the normal 40-hour a week working class for the next three months. I can't figure out what to do with all my extra time, so suffice it to say that I've been taking some killer naps since Thursday.
  • My trip home over the weekend was great, especially since this little one turned two! Seems like only yesterday I was sitting at Memorial Hospital until 1 a.m. waiting for Miss Kallie to make her entrance. (The following day, I went to the Billy Joel/Elton John concert on very little sleep, and Bobby got mugged. Memories!)
We're in a Thomas the Train phase, if you couldn't tell. It gives me a great excuse to use my British "Sir Topham Hatt" accent (not that I really need an excuse).

I believe Kallie is giving Aunt Jane kisses like her little buddies Chief and Chewie do. The dynamic trio of Chief + Chewie + Kallie is not a force to be taken lightly. We should harness their reserves to solve the world's energy crisis.

That's all I have for now. I apologize that none of this is awkward (with the possible exception of my "Sir Topham Hatt" voice...which, by the way, is the accent I'm using in my head while writing this, making this post all the more awesome). My life has been one endless routine of work and school lately. But as my good friend Alice once said, "School's out for summer!" Whoo-hoo, partyyyy time!*

*Obviously, naps will still supercede partying.

No comments:

Post a Comment