It's not me; it's them.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Photo Essay

Wow, I'm bad at keeping this updated. Sorry!


Even Chief is disappointed in my blogging skills.

Here's a photo safari of what has been keeping me so busy. I mean, really...is there anything better than summer? (Answer: Fall. But that's a different blog post altogether.)


Two of my favorite people in the whole world got married! And then two of my favorite people in the whole world moved to STL without me, and I miss them dearly. I can't wait to visit them and all my other STL loves at the end of July! (PS Seriously, how beautiful is that dress?)


This team is rocking North Avenue Beach on Sunday nights...in pastel pink shirts. They were supposed to be hot pink. My bad, guys.


These three assisted in a rare mid-week blackout involving a Cubs game, a rain delay and (apparently) shots. This picture was one of those lovely surprises you discover on your phone when you're trying to find evidence of what happened the previous night.



My family came to town, and one of my sister's college friends took us to the 26th floor viewing deck of Trib Tower. While this was cool, I was way more excited to get a tour of the newsroom. (Read: dork.) You can take the kid out of journalism, but you can't the journalism out of the kid. My big sister and I were were in journo heaven.


I fell in love with my adopted city all over again.


I fell in love with Chick-Fil-A all over again. And Rika fell in love with the vast array of dipping sauces.


My neighborhood (aka backyard) got Proud. Sad I missed the parade, but my pride can't be contained to just one weekend anyway.


My brother and sis-in-law came to town, and we celebrated Christie's 30th birthday and baby shower. Just a little bit longer until Baby Louis arrives!


And speaking of babies, this little one isn't so little anymore! Miss Kallie kept Aunt Jane (and Cousin Chief) on the move for two weekends in a row. Chief is currently passed out in the recliner, and I just woke up from a two-hour nap. Mission accomplished, Kal!

No comments:

Post a Comment